Friday, December 28, 2012

Back to the Begining, How it all started

So, somebody asked me the other day how all this started. My hobby was to fix smartphones, just for fun. I will get broken phones from my friends and I will open them up, see if I can learn something from them and try to figure out how to fix them, but after the 20th phone, I grew tired of it.

I was looking for a new hobby something fresh, something different, one day I just got a digital copy of Wired Magazine from a friend and I found a really interesting article titled "Here Comes the Drones", I think I read it like 5 times, kept thinking about it, and I start talking about it a lot, showing the article to a lot of people, I thought I found exactly what I wanted to do.

While I was talking about the idea to build one, a colleague from work , Roberto, asked me if he can be part of it, I thought it was a good idea, actually it was the best idea, honestly if it wasn't for him maybe I would it left the project in just that a project that I didn't finish, but Roberto's energy and enthusiasm kept us going, we talked about creating a log, a journal of everything that we do, and he came up with this blog.

I thought to make it all of plywood as some models I saw on the net. I got a clear idea of how I wanted to look like, but Roberto had a better idea as he researched the fiber carbon tubes, it made it lighter, we still used the center wheel made in wood.

Roberto has been doing all the electronics, I am really rusty in this part, the more we work on it, the more things we want to add and see if they work or not, I got some IR proximity sensors and we will see if we can add it to the project.

We hope this blog helps people who are interested in building an Hexacopter from scratch, the most important part is....Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment